You’re probably reading this thinking, “I thought this travel blog thing was just a one hit wonder”. Well it’s NOT! Thanks for not having confidence in me to continue this lol jk. I know I haven’t posted in a while…. life’s been busy. And I’ve been trying to be one of those people that lives in the moment. Though every time I intend to update my blog it seems as if life throws something my way.
So here’s a quick recap on the last 6 months (in chronological order)–
- Started the year off at the Passion Conference.
- Started my last semester of college (whoa).
- Did a 48 hour Re-Pack Competition.
- Went on a long weekend trip to Chicago to visit an old friend.
- Got published in a national Graphic Design Magazine for 2 projects.
- Constantly balancing school full time, work full time, and a social life.
- Senior Exhibition.
- Spring break in Miami and The Keys!
- Find out on spring break Mom needs open heart surgery NOW!
- 48 Hr Re-Pack Conference (where my team won 2nd place nationally for our packaging design).
- Bon Jovi concert (because I’m livin’ on a prayer these days).
- Graduate from college (one year early might I add).
- First big girl job interview.
- Lost my best friend to cancer.
- Accepted big girl job offer.
- Quit my college job of 2.5 years.
- Went to NYC & Europe for 2 weeks.
- Started my new big girl job.
- Journey & Def Leppard Concert ( Don’t stop believin’ – am I right?).
- Moving on to week 6 of house renovations (*upside down smiley face*).
And I think that’s it, now you’re all caught up.
So, now you can see why I haven’t been sitting behind a keyboard updating this blog with what I have experienced lately – London and Rome to name a few!
But, from these last few months I’ve learned a lot about life first hand.
As Tracy Lawrence puts it, “You find out who your friends are”. I am blessed to have the friends I have in my life who were always there when I needed them. I don’t know how people make it through life without meaningful relationships.
Cherish the times you do have with your people. Because you never know when the last time is in fact, the last time you’ll get to make memories with them. Loosing my best friend really had a heavy impact about that on my heart.
Because of the unknown – I’ve always been a “live life to the fullest” type of person, which is why I try to fit as many trips and bucket list items as I can into a year. Some people argue, “you don’t have to do it all at once, you’ve got your whole life”. But you just simply don’t know that. Your world could turn upside down at any moment.
On the bright side, I am entering a new chapter of life. I’m finally starting to get use to not feeling like I have homework to do and not calling myself a college student anymore. I have new goals and trips to look forward to and can’t wait for what the rest of this year has in store.
“Every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.”
One thought on “Life Goes On…”
Love this and you’re right, live life NOW. We’re not guaranteed tomorrow. #dreambig
LikeLiked by 1 person